Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola iron nail discrimination video I just did

The Cibola, like all Tesoros, has talents that will amaze! Thanks for sharing.

Will this work with a dime with the disc turned up past zinc penny? I can not get it to work on the Bandido umax. Thanks.

Bill_S said:
Will this work with a dime with the disc turned up past zinc penny? I can not get it to work on the Bandido umax. Thanks.

I say no. My experience with the Cibola with a nail and any clad coin discs out lower on the discrimination knob. Somewhere between 10 o'clock to 12 o'clock depending on the coin used. I have various scenarios buried in my test garden using nails and coins together that I use to practice with my MD. I'm not a fan of the roll the disc knob to find where it discriminates out at when hunting in the field. Good chance of missing something good. I've found numerous good finds with multiple rusted square nails in the same hole in the fields I hunt. I'm no expert but I believe the iron nail combined with the coin lowers the overall conductivity of the target. I'm sure some of the more technical MD'ers here can explain it better. I leave my disc set a hair above Iron and dig everything.

I think you are right Qball. This will even happen on other detectors. On detectors with a TID system you can see where a coin mixed with a nail will cause the ID to drop from say a dime reading to maybe nickel range or below. I was hoping on the tesoro it would still be able to ID the coin in the proper range.