Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola modded w/added GB or Vaquero?

Looking at both units and trying to decipher the pros and cons of one over the other in the field. Any hands on input to explain the shortcomings or advantages of these would be greatly appreciated. Thx

if buying new, just get the vaquero. a modded cibola will not have a warranty. some say the modded cibola is better, some say it is not. have never seen or watched a youtube video where they were put head to head in the same soil on the same target. i say get a new vaquero and be done with it. no messing around with a mod that will void the lifetime warranty. that's my honest opinion. if you are that interested in it, call tesoro themselves. what better advise can you get than that?

You only really want to do the GB mod on the Cib, if you bought one used, cheap. And if it is an above average performance unit.
If it is ever in need of Tesoro service, Tesoro will only work on it and return it to stock condition and it will cost you.
Like the above poster said if buying new, just chose the V or even buy a used V.

Biggest con I see is that most people will not pay much more for a used Cib with the GB mod and its a bit tougher to sell. People do not
know the quality or experience the person who did the mod has. If something goes wrong with the machine, the new owner is in for some
costly repairs.

I have a stock Cibola that i bought new, the deepest thing i have bound so far was 2 brass shell casein from a rifle at about 8 in. side by side in the same place. they looked like a 30-30 0r larger. [ wouldn't mod anything.

I liked the audio better on the cibola, it just seemed smoother. If you have tame low mineralized soil go for the cibola and the money you save you can snag another coil. The vaquero does go deeper and might be able to tune in other coils better with the ground knob if you plan on using other coils. I dug a small 14k charm at the park at a solid 7" deep with the cibola....and well the vaquero will go deeper for sure ! So heck with it go for the V and get the small coil too !

Cibola is a nice machine like said above in mild ground it is smooth running V can be a bit chatty at times in heavy trash, it isn't a Cibola with a GB knob that's for sure.

still the V is a nice detector in the right place with the right coil think the 6" concentric is on mine 90% except for the Detech 6 x 8 for low trash areas looking for chains etc..

AJ

I got a newVaq with a high tone as my first real detector, swung it for hundreds of hours and still pull it out once in awhile.
I wish I got the low tone instead because after listening to to my Compadre the high tone is quite annoying.
However that thing does have a little superpower due to that high tone so I am leaving it as it is.
When I swing over most decent sizes of foil or can slaw it has a very obnoxious tone that makes me grit my teeth every time.
As far as depth with any coil I don't know how much deeper you would need to get than this thing can get me in both great and bad soil.
Never swung a Cibola so I have nothing to compare but my warranty does give me great peace of mind.