Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola on the beach?

hikerboy

Headed to the beach in a few weeks and thought I'd try to find a few coins or some jewelry while there. How does the Cibola do in dry and wet sand. I know I'll have to turn the disc up and sensitivity down. Primarily a relic hunter so I could take the T2 if the Cibola won't perform well. Thanks for any info or tips.

Dry sand will be fine.
Wet sand you will have to experiment with settings.
As in reduce sensitivity and increase disc.
A very steady sweep speed also helps.
All depends on the mineralization.

If you have a smaller coil like the 5.75 it will help.
It sees less ground so to speak and won't be as prone to falsing.
Tested both coil sizes on the compadre with a friend at the beach.
The smaller coil didn't need the disc as high to run smooth.

Noah

As noted above, Cibola will work fine over dry sand. Over the wet salt sand the best I've gotten with a Cibola on coins is about 3 inches (at best) by playing with disc and sensitivity.

The T2 may be what you want to take. It will ground balance to the wet salt. I've got an F75-LTD and have gotten very good depth over the wet salt beach by running all metal mode and staying on top of the ground balance. Over the wet salt, if T2 tracks the ground balance settings of the F75, it will take a setting in the single digits to ground balance. Single clicks on the ground balance can make a difference, let alone full number changes.

You could take both detectors and play around with settings.

Hey, thanks for the info guys. I'll probably take them both and do some experimenting. Never really tried the beach before so maybe I'll have some beginner's luck. The girlfriend is already making fun of me asking if I'm going to wear kaki shorts and black socks. Maybe I will.

Black socks and shorts is the only way to fly!!!

Don't forget your sock suspenders! :clapping: