Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola or Vaquero

Gopher

I'm trying to decide between these two machines. The reviews I've read are great for both of them. Is a machine with manual ground balance that important? It seems as if some owners have trouble getting them balanced properly and have to do it a lot. That makes the Cibola sound like less trouble. Which do most people prefer. I live in northern Calif. I don't think the mineralization around here is to bad. I'm not sure actually.
Thanks for any help. Gopher

Hi Gopher, don't let the ground balancing scare you. It is very easy and it will give you a bit of an edge over the Cibola. Yes they are both excellent machines Gopher and you won't regret getting the Cibola either. I just like to tweak knobs I suppose. Ok God Bless ya and good luck Gopher.

John Tomlinson,CET:tesoro::usaflag::csflag:
John's Detectors

GB does give you more control over the machine. I was afraid of GB for years and sort of avoided it becasue some of the machines that I tried that had it were a bit fussy. I was also never sure it was right. Then I got a Vaquero, the explanation in the manual is crystal clear and it is not fussy at all. It is generally set and forget.

I have generally moderate soil where I live but, there is a really good beach around here that has very hot soil conditions, and GB is needed to really do the job well.

Don't avoid it.

Thanks for the help. I'm thinking about the Vaquero at this point. I do live about an hour from the ocean and if I ever give it a try over there I guess the manual gound balance would be needed.
Thanks, Gopher

I had a Cibola and it was a fine machine, but I have never regreted changing to the Vaquero. It is very easy to ground balance and runs quiet. I hunt relics and coins and love the V for both.
HH
Scott

I asked a dealer the same question you've posted. He recommended the vaquero for my area.

Let me say first that I'm extremely thrilled with this machine.

With that said: I've manually ground balanced many different detectors......My last being a Cz-20.....mostly minelabs before that. I never had a problem. The vaquero's 3 & 3/4 turn is the hardest I've dealt with yet. Once you get it the balance is always close, but there's a small window of perfection in that 3 & 3/4's.

I guess I can say compared to other brands its difficult to GB.

I literally held the printed directions in my hand while ground balancing. I knew what I was listening for too....I can't imagine what it would be like for a 1st timer.

Don't let this scare you though. I wholeheartedly recommend it!