Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola question

froggy38383

I am the owner of a Fisher 1266X detector. I would like to upgrade to a newer machine. I do primarily coinshooting in parks and playgrounds, also the odd fresh water beach, and a bit of relic hunting.

I have thought of upgrading to an ID Excel but reading through forums and reviews the Cibola seems to be a very well liked machine.

I would appreciate any input from Tesoro or Cibola users on this.

Thanks very much.

I've had both a 1266 and a Cibola. I liked the 1266 for its depth, but thought it was heavy and didn't discriminate very well. The Cibola is light, has a great discriminator, and is just about as deep or maybe more so than the 1266. Also, with the Cibola, once you get used to it, the variance in the tones will tell you whats underground. I never could tell much from the sound of the 1266. Hope this helps. I think you'd be thrilled with the Cibola.

HEY FROGGY I HAVE A WHITES PRIZM II , A SILER UMAX AND A CIBOLA,
DON,T LIKE THE PRIZM II TO MUCH CHATTER AND HARD TO PIN POINT.'
THE SILVER UMAX IS UNREAL ON COINS . BUT THE CIBOLA WINS HANDS DOWN EASY TO PIN POINT BANGS HARD ON COINS & RELICS AND IS SO MUCH DEEPER THAN THE UMAX NO WAY TO GO WRONG WITH THE CIBOLA IVE HUNTED WITH BUDDYS WITH MINELABS & FISHERS AND BYE THE END OF THE DAY IM RIGHT THERE WITH THEM IF NOT AHEAD. IF YOU GET ONE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK HH.

for those fresh water beaches you hunt. Proper sensitivity and threshold settings are the key to depth and iron handling. Get them right for the site you are hunting and it can be a pleasant little detector to use.

HH Tom