Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola Target Volume control...

poorman

Question: I have a pair of Gray Ghost Deep woods Headphones. They have no volume control. I know they will work on a Cibola but if they need to be adjusted up or down, can you go into the Cibola and make that adjustment? Thanks in advance..poorman

I don't know if there is a easy way to make an adjustment in volume internally on a Cibola.

You can buy a volume control that goes inline with your headphones and plugs into the detector.

Hope that helps,

Yes, I have an inline adjuster. I picked it up at Radio Shack. I just did not want that hanging on the machine getting caught in the Pucker Brush. Mr Bill, I guess this is one for you.......Thanks

[size=medium]Don't mess with anything internally as you can only make a little adjustment for a functional Ground Balance, if necessary.

It is important that you adjust the Threshold tuner in the Pinpoint mode for a slight ("proper") audio Threshold hum. Beyond that, if the audio blast is too sever for you to handle, then you need a better set of headphones that provide you with separate volume controls. My personal favorites are the Killer B 'Wasp' and their near twin, the SunRay Pro Gold.

With the Gray Ghost Deep Woods you should be hear the loudest response they can give. Volume controls, if added, would only allow you to reduce it if the audio response was too loud.

Monte[/size]

The Gray Ghost Deep Woods model are advertised as having the controls within the ear cup for protection from brush etc.. Don't they have a volume control there? I'd like to know as I've thought of purchasing that model.
HH
Bill

Bill
I have a set of Grey Ghost Deep Woods and no, there is no volume control; however, I have very poor hearing, tolally deaf in one ear and about 80% hearing in the other with constant ringing. The Deep Woods work well for me. I also have a set of Rat's and a set of Killer Bee's. I haven't used the Killer Bee's yet. I use both the Rat's and the Grey Ghost depending on which detector I take and I like them equally well. I don't think the lack of volume controls on the Grey Ghost is a hindrance at all.
Stan