Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola vs Silver uMax

Pap

has anyone compared these two detectors in the field? I would suppose that the Cibola would have a bit more depth.

I'm thinking about getting a Silver as a backup to my Deleon since they can use the same coils. I have heard many good depths out of the Silver as well as the Cibola. The C uses the newer type HOT coil technology thats supposed to be greater in the T/R of signal over the earlier uMax coils. If it were me without having a Deleon, I would opt for the Cibola because of the technology being more current. Plus I played around with one the other day and it's really hot, deep and fast. The pinpoint VCO is nice to have on the Cibola, but it targets so well in the DISC mode, you'll find that you won't even use it most of the time.

I was curious how they compared in target separation. In depth I would suppose the edge would go to the Cibola . I have an Eldorado uMax and that pinpoints very easily.

I can't compare the two, b/c I haven't used the Cibola. I can sing the praises of the Silver, though. You can pick up a used Silver Umax for about $150 and you absolutely cannot beat it for the price. It's amazingly simple and still very powerful. The number one thing, to me, is the coil size. It's 8" and perfect for a combination of depth and target separation. Plus with the hole in the middle, pinpointing a target is a breeze even in disc mode. I get very good depth with the silver and it is so stable that sometimes you can't tell if it's actually on! I've dug pennies at near 8" in black soil a few times. I have found tons of nice relics with the Silver so far this summer. It's simplicity makes it my go to detector most of the time.

Ian