Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil war button and another unknown button

KyleTheHunter

Hey everyone. I am new to the forums. Anyway i thought i would share my finds that i got a couple weeks ago on April 6th, 2012. I was metal detecting with my cheapo bounty hunter on my cousins property, which is really old and located in NJ. I was detecting for about 6 hours finding nothing but iron so i moved behind this old building...right when i was about to give up, i got a slamming hit. After i dug up my target i knew the instant i saw it that it was a Civil war button. This thing was my first major find. the feeling i got was so amazing....i was on such i high i couln't describe. It has the classic american eagle on the front holding arrows in it's talons and you can tell it is real because of the patina on this thing. I was surprised to find a Civil war button in NJ. Near where i found my button, my cousin had found a "Hunter Trader Trapper" watch fob from the early 1900's. And my other cousin a year ago, not metal detecting found an old corroded and rusted revolver in the same area.

Nearly after i had found my button, I got another good hit about a foot from where i found my button. After digging it up, I could tell it was another button....or at least i think. I can tell it is old because of the patina on it and also the back of it is all corroded. It says Hercules....which i thought was interesting. I later looked it up when i got home but i found nothing on the internet but one picture. I have no clue if it is worth anything in money value but i will never sell it, i keep the things that i think are cool...i only will sell jewelery. Has anyone ever heard of or seen this "Hercules" button? I would like to know a date on it...or it's history. I also looked up my Civil war button and after looking around i think the thing is only worth $20....but it doesn't matter because it's priceless to me. :thumbup:

Pictues of my finds posted below:

Thanks.

Nice CW button - congratulations....think the other button is from overalls...but not sure 'bout that. gl and hh

Nice Eagle Button. Good job. More relics await you. cch