Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil War Buttons Today

Idxpro

Found me a flat button, no design, and a GAR button. Did'nt even know it was old until I researched gar. Lots of junk as well but not a bad morning hunt.

pretty cool finds Pro. I wish I knew about MDing back when I lived in Civil War country. Im also getting more interested in buttons since I started finding a few.

Thanks for sharing.

Idx you are hot on the trail of a momentous find , I bet people would keep wearing those old clothes for years after the civil war was over , clothes where expensive . and kids probably played civil war games in them who knows maybe a buckle got lost as well ,

As I was leaving, I noticed another guy detecting about 100 yards in the field I found the Kg last week. I headed in his direction to say hello. He was looking at something very closely and I asked if he had any luck. He said "I got something but not sure if it's any good or not". He handed it to me and as dirty as it was I knew exactly what he had just found. A Matron Head One Cent!!! I didn't want to rub it so not sure of the date but man was he excited when he heard that!! Good for him. He was running an Mxt Pro and foun d it not 60' or 70' feet from my Kg find last week... I told him to hop on here and post it, hopefully he does. The two buttons were found next to each other but nowhere close to the Kg or the Matron. I was probably 200-300 yards from the spot. Check out the attached photo.