Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil War Camp Find... Read Shell...

H20Hawgs

Found this item in a CW camp along with many relics. I am not sure what this is??? The other is a Civil War Read Shell. (Had it disarmed)
It looks like a modern air stone for a fish tank but its not. There is a hole in the top (brass) and also in the side that goes alway the through. Hole in the top just goes to the depth of the brass where it is embedded into "stone" ... Stone/lead bottom has a hole in it also but not all the way to the brass. It is chipped at the bottom (stone/lead)...

Very odd item!
Any ideas or help would be great...
Thanks!

H20Hawgs said:
Found this item in a CW camp along with many relics. I am not sure what this is??? The other is a Civil War Read Shell. (Had it disarmed)
It looks like a modern air stone for a fish tank but its not. There is a hole in the top (brass) and also in the side that goes alway the through. Hole in the top just goes to the depth of the brass where it is embedded into "stone" ... Stone/lead bottom has a hole in it also but not all the way to the brass. It is chipped at the bottom (stone/lead)...

Very odd item!
Any ideas or help would be great...
Thanks!

Sorry! this is the Read Shell... Will post the odd item!

irelic hunter,
Thanks! The way I found that is better then the relic....