Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil War Era Ghost Town Finds

jimmyk

Hi, All:

After a record total of three feet of snow here in Missouri the past four weeks, Spring has finally sprung. Went to my ghost town site and slogged through the mud for some nice recoveries. Was using my new Deep Tech Vista Godl which works extremely well in nail and iron infested sites. Spent over seven hours hunting and didn't dig one nail. The area is carpeted, as the spot I'm hunting is where the original hotel stood during the Civil War, and served as headquarters for a cavalry detachment. The top piece is some kind of ornate brass piece that screwed onto a threaded post or something. Under it is the front end of a huge brass key, part of a harmonica reed and a strap stud. Below that are two uniform button backs and the face off a cuff button with the letter "I" in the shield. The octagonal piece is an "Old Crow Whisky" token good for 2 1/2 cents in trade. The three ringer on the right has had it's nose shaved down with a knife.

This is the third time I've gridded off and hunted the area. First time was after the corn was picked using an F75 SE. Couldn't always get close to the ground due to corn stalks. The second time was after the Fall plowing, with a Blisstool. Now, rehunting with the Visa Gold and with it's superior trash hunting abilities I'm finding moere relics.

Been hunting with Gain at max, slow setting and in Boost mode. Have been using rechargeable batteries which have let me hunt for over seven hours at a time without the need to recharge or change out. Definetly saves on battery cost.

Thaks for lookin' and keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

Lookin' good Jim!! The brass twisted piece you have is the top of a lighting rod!!! I used Sanyo Enloop rechargeables in my Gold in Virginia last week and I could only get 4 hours on them before the battery light came on........Mark

WOW what a site,