Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil War find!

Dan'O

This buckle was found Monday in Meridian Idaho at a street tear out. I had no idea one of these could be found around here. It was about 7" deep and was found with a Nokta Racer 2 with the small elliptical coil in in 3 tone.
This wasn't even on my bucket list! The other Anchor pin/broach type I've yet to identify. They were found within 20 ft of each other.

Fantastic. Congrats

Really nice finds guy I know found the same exact buckle
Mark

Great finds and saves on the buckle and broach. This must have been lost by a veteran returning home after the war. Very nice piece of History. Congrat's.

Yea, I went back out to the street tear out and the buckle was on the edge of where the old road was about 4" or so away from where they had stopped excavating for the new road to go in. I'm only sorry I didn't get there sooner before the old dirt was removed.
Live and learn.
Now to find that coin he must have dropped!

Confetrit said:
Great finds and saves on the buckle and broach. This must have been lost by a veteran returning home after the war. Very nice piece of History. Congrat's.
I agree Confetrit, I found mine at a farmstead that was settled after the war, no where near a civil war battle site. Tear outs are a great places to find relics and coins, congrats Dan on a cool find!!
HH Jeff

I did and it seems to have gone to the crusher pit to make road base out of - as it was more Rocky than what they could use. :cry: