Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil war finds from today

HanoverDigger

Hit a spot just east of Mechanicsville Va today with the Deus 2. 7 bullets, finial, percussion cap, piece from an epaulette, 12 cents in clad and the usual junk. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_20230207_165106537.jpg
    IMG_20230207_165106537.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 114
That was a nice Historical hunt with some Great CW Saves. Well Done. Us Relic Hunters have to do our best to see that No Relics are laid to rest, and Lost Forever.
Thanks. There's a mini storage where we had permission to park and they have a small display of civil war relics in the office...bullets, buttons and a few other things that were found when they cleared the property for the storage buildings. Pretty cool.

Thanks. There's a mini storage where we had permission to park and they have a small display of civil war relics in the office...bullets, buttons and a few other things that were found when they cleared the property for the storage buildings. Pretty cool.
Yes sir, and if not Saved from being paved over or built atop of, these Historical Artifacts will be lost forever and enjoyed by None.

Hit a spot just east of Mechanicsville Va today with the Deus 2. 7 bullets, finial, percussion cap, piece from an epaulette, 12 cents in clad and the usual junk. Thanks for looking.
Nice finds… that “D” shaped object looks like trunk handle to me.
Is it iron or brass?
Just curious.

It boggles my mind the amount of war material still being found 150 years later, almost as much as the number of casualties during the conflict. These bullets are due some reverence too. Some probably found their mark.

Yes sir, and if not Saved from being paved over or built atop of, these Historical Artifacts will be lost forever and enjoyed by None.
Absolutely...this stretch of road, including all surrounding areas, in close proximity to Cold Harbor, still has areas that are not being developed (yet). Relics to be found here....still! Trying to get 'em though!

It boggles my mind the amount of war material still being found 150 years later, almost as much as the number of casualties during the conflict. These bullets are due some reverence too. Some probably found their mark.
I see tons ( not literally) of bullets being dug. Some as much as 100 on a days dig.

Nice finds Hanover,This is Relic Hunting weather for sure,never seen such
Mild weather here in Kentucky for
February,Virginia probably about the same I would say,thanks for sharing.

Nice finds Hanover,This is Relic Hunting weather for sure,never seen such
Mild weather here in Kentucky for
February,Virginia probably about the same I would say,thanks for sharing.
Thanks. Can't complain when it's in the 50's and 60's here in Va. Won't last long though. But I'm ready for the colder stuff.

I see tons ( not literally) of bullets being dug. Some as much as 100 on a days dig.
I have thought of this through the years, if some of the bullets we dig caused life changing circumstances to a severe wound that would require amputations such as arms, legs, or other body parts, or if they ended abruptly a young soldiers life. You have to know that a lot of these bullets we have in our collections most likely did in both cases. As said, that is why these bullets and other relics found must be treated with both respect and reverence.

I have thought of this through the years, if some of the bullets we dig caused life changing circumstances to a severe wound that would require amputations such as arms, legs, or other body parts, or if they ended abruptly a young soldiers life. You have to know that a lot of these bullets we have in our collections most likely did in both cases. As said, that is why these bullets and other relics found must be treated with both respect and reverence.
I agree,there is a story behind ever find we make,you wonder about the chewed bullets you find,the agony they went through.Rough
Times back then.

These were absolutely hard times during the War of Northern Aggression, not only for the soldiers on either side concerning the fighting, campaigning, long marches, and battling disease and sickness, but also for their families left back home on the home front while the soldiers were away. Terrible times for America indeed.