Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

civil war relic experts.... button question

A

Anonymous

I have never really been into civil war relic hunting... I HAVE found a few civil war bullets & thats about it, but today i was going thru an old box of junk finds & came across a button that i dug probably back in 1999-2000. Back then I Knew NOTHING about civil war relics & still know pretty much nothing except what I see posted online.
Anyway back to the button i found in my junk box. It is a hollow domed button a little bigger than a dime, has an eagle facing left (as you are facing the button) & an shield on it's chest that is indented & has a "C" or an "O" (cant tell) inside the shield & wings outstretched. The button has no back (missing). Oh and it had gold gilt on it at one time (I can still see some of it inside the shield).
Is it anything or shall I toss it back in the "Junk finds" bin?

sounds like a union cavalry button. without seeing a picture, i wouldn't be able to match it. you could google it. just type in civil war button. some of the dealers show pictures of their buttons. you may get lucky and match it.