Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil War relic hunting with the Deus, what settings???

The Wolf

I've got a pretty good program I use, but I'm interested to see what others are using for mild/average soil conditions when hunting for brass & lead. Thanks

I live in Southern Marland where the ground is not mineralized. If there is little iron, I hunt with 90 on Sensitivity, Reactivity of +1, Silencer of -1, Frequency of 11.7 KHz, Discrimination of 5.5, with a manual GB.

In heavy iron, I use Reactivity of 3 or 4 with Silencer at -1. Still using 11.7 KHz. Move discrimination up to 6.6 but try to lower it to 5.5.

Yours lol. With a couple of tweaks. Audio response 5. And full tones. I have also used Vance deep with good results only change to it was using 8 freq and full tones. You still using the same settings you posted over at friendly or has it changed?

that's my go to program, I switched between 8 & 12 khz. But pretty much kept everything else the same. I really like the results and the way it reacts, very similar to the F75LTD. Do you guys have a link for the Vance deep settings?

Try you TX power at 3 for me a big deep difference

I really have not seen a depth edge between TX 2 and TX 3.................Just more of a battery drain.

A lot of users say that but for me 10 inches on a mini is deep and one of my fal buttons was at 12 inches maybe it is the way I GB but I think I have a crazy deep machine...and I can hunt a whole day on a high TX power low disc and slower recovery