Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil war relic

bama

Hello everyone this is my first guestion on any forum.I am in the process of getting a GB se.What is the best setting that everyone uses. What does a bullet and brass id .

Well, I guess I'll jump in on this one. On the GBSE and G2 that I have, I set my disc at 35 and gain maxed out. Id's on the brass are from the foil range, say 40 and up and the lead really is about the same depending on how big the item is, 3 ringers are, for me, always into the 70's and buttons from 55 and up, yes, they still love shotgun shell hulls, but I have found cuff buttons with the same ID. I have noticed that ANY non iron targets vary in my dirt because of depth. Seems the deeper it is, the lower the ID's. You have to realize that The GB platform is only a 2 tone basic system and the only tone variations are with the VCO system. Remember to get the most from the G2/GB, you have to dig EVERYTHING that give you a high tone. I hunt out in the country in hayfields where modern trash is rare, except a pultab that a hay hauler has dropped. I have little experience in the parks, I just don't go there because of the trash. I might put the 5" coil on this summer thou when it is too blazing hot to hunt out in the sun, and visit some parks and try to find some gold jewelery... Get either machine, you will love it!!!:thumbup: