Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Clad and Coal..

mudpuppy

Up early and drove to the beach by 5am...Its real peaceful early, a guy can look up at the stars and stagger spiral sweep his way down the sand...I had the 70 set up with 70 sens, -3 thresh, DP tones, 1 disc, no notch. Hit a few good spills. Sand hunting makes me a lot better dirt hunter on account of the signals of slanted coins and multidenom spills...plus its dark so you cant use your eyes on the screen and have to rely on the audio..

I dont grid, I sort of do spirals and look for towels and trash and fresh footprints from the night before...(once your eyes adjust to the darkness, its really easy and relaxing) all these signify likely areas to hunt... by doing spirals, nobody can sneak up on you on account of you are always turning around and you get a really huge sweep arc by constantly turning like that through centrifigal force carrying your coil...:thumbup: Try it out in the yard or on a big sportsfield, you sure can cover a lot of ground in short order with no arm strain or obvious hardship.:thumbup:..

I found this big bag of charcoal, and the corresponding box of matches. I picked it up and thought, "This weighs 10lbs!" I made my way back towards Rosie 1/2 mile away trying to carry it and hunt...by the time I got to Her, I figured the bag weighed 50lbs!:lmfao: Nope, just a nice 20lb bag that retails @ $10...the matches retail $1.50...I got 71 coins for $7.07 by 7:30am...I drove on over to the StopNRob and gassed up Rosie, (33mpg) bought a few 25oz cans of BudLite, a pack of nonfiltered ready rolls, and 2 $3 scratchoffs...both of which were winners for a total of $35!:surprised: Ahead another $2 for the day! :thumbup:

Everyday I am amazed at what people drop or just leave behind.:surprised:..this is the BIG week here as far as Summer beach traffic...the whole week is one big party for the local Coast Guard festival with fireworks next weekend, so I will be out ransacking my share with the 70....
Mud

Nice pile of clad and coal there Mr Mud. Not bad scratch off's, either. Good way to start off one day ole bud. :beers: HH jim tn

Mud nice detecting. I am hoping the bag of coal in not an early Christmas present? Of course it couldn't be? because you are so connected to the Beer gods, Food gods, Can gods, Clothing gods, Towel gods, Shoe gods and now the Lottery gods. I would bet that if you looked in the bag of coal there probably is 6 one hundred dollar bills in there? Look! I can feel it in my bones! Or maybe that is just arthritis? Nice pile.....Z

people who have lots of Cash , don't mind to leave behind something so heavy . Mudd poor guys like you will carry it back . now you can grill some food , as you must have worked up an appetite doing all that .