Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

clad hunting -who long to wait before returning

Dennis Harbour

I used to live where the parks were OLD (1800s), now I live in a place were schools and parks are newer (1970s), so I have clad hunt more, How long do you normally wait for these areas to be 'restocked' with newer coins?

I don't know for sure, but judging from so few finds coming from some places, I am not the only one out there.

Like John, I'll clean em up than move on for a year. BUT, more and more the schools are doing away with money for lunchs, instead using student debit cards! The Great Clad Rush Days are about over for at least 21 of my haunts. Now when the Hunting gets Tough the Tough got to get Hunting. This keeps up, in 10yrs or so finding Clad will be like finding Silver today. Who would have Thunk !!!

I hunted an area by a school basketball court that had some big trees with some big overhanging branches I was sure the kids played on. I had gone over the area around the tree pretty good and found the usual coins and trash items. Well a week or so later my son in law came out with me to the same spot. He headed for the the tree that I had detected earlier in the week. I thought to my self. He is wasting his time but didnt say anything to him. I went a little further away from the tree. We had only been detecting a short while when a teenage kid came up and told us he lost his class ring (gold) by the tree. He lost it after I had detected. Long story short we found his ring for him. Just goes to show that if you hit an area one day someone can lose something right after you leave. It may be a lot slimmer pickings but if there are people in the area there is potential for them losing items every day.