Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

clad vs. silver,pitch mode

Don't have a Deus yet, but I was wondering if a silver quarter in pitch mode would give a higher tone than a clad quarter. I watched the relic pitch program by Calabash in which a silver ring gave a distinctly higher tone than a clad quarter, but I could not find a video where a direct coin-to-coin comparison was made. Would be interested to know if anyone has done this test.

I' m not a big cherry picking silver fan, its one reason I think coinshooting will gradually die out unless your willing to hunt the really trashy areas which is no place for the pitch mode. Its designed to go deep in cleaner areas. I've made a few really nice finds with it in these environment. I was actually playing around with it this morning just to see how deep it would p/u a penny. Amazing. I suspect the ring/quarter comparison had more to do with the alloys. I've noticed differences with copper coins, not much with silver but if I have time 2day will check it out. Best.

I use my pitch setup for the heavy iron.... It would drive you crazy in modern trash loaded site..

Thanks for the replies. I guess I had more of a technical question rthan a practical coinshooting method. That is, I know that in the pitch mode the depth and size of the buried object will change the volume and the frequency of the tone. LTimedigger suspects the difference in alloys will also cause a change in the tone. It might be interesting to put a silver quarter and a clad quarter at the same depth and see if there is a difference. If there is, does this mean that the composition and/or the density of the object will also affect the tone? Don't know, guess this is more of an engineering question. Again, thanks for replying.

You can hear nuances in the pitch tones if that is what your getting at....

You can hear nuances in the pitch tones if that is what your getting at....
Yes it is and would this be a good way to cherry-pick shallow silver? Could you turn the discrimin. way up to about 85? I guess this would cut down on depth, but would it be OK for the shallow silver, assuming there is some? I need to get a Deus so I can test this stuff myself! Thanks for your help.

Instead of using disc at 85 I would use 3 or 4 tone with tone breaks set at the level you want with high khz for the coins you wanted to find.

Instead of using disc at 85 I would use 3 or 4 tone with tone breaks set at the level you want with high khz for the coins you wanted to find.
From reading the manual, I got the impression that tone breaks can not be used in pitch mode. Is this correct? It's kind of frustrating not having a Deus to experiment with; however, thanks for your input.

boldforgold you are correct, I should have clarified that. It was meant to be used in one of the other programs like Deep or Hot for example. I feel that pitch is more suited to relic hunting rather than coin cherry picking.

OK, just a misunderstanding. What started this thread was me wondering if a silver quarter would sound differently than a clad in pitch mode, if they were both buried at the same shallow depth. That was an interesting misunderstanding, though. Could pitch mode be used effectively for coinshooting if tone breaks could be set for it? I suppose that if it was, xp might have already done it. Kinda fun to speculate about this stuff.