Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Claim access

Nater

Hi All!

Shot in the dark, but you don’t know unless you ask! Looking for permission or to pay a fee to access a claim or land in the mother lode in CA. Me and my dad are amateurs at panning and detecting but he’s getting old so it’s fun to be with him. Any leads help! God bless!
-Nate 805-636-0807

Hi All!

Shot in the dark, but you don’t know unless you ask! Looking for permission or to pay a fee to access a claim or land in the mother lode in CA. Me and my dad are amateurs at panning and detecting but he’s getting old so it’s fun to be with him. Any leads help! God bless!
-Nate 805-636-0807
Can't help! BUT May God help you & dad to go panning & Prospecting & have fun being together--Good Luck! May you accomplish your goal & find some nice TREASURE to enjoy & help pay travelling expenses! Ma

Yup have the GPAA and LDMA prospecting clubs. Pay a yearly membership fee and go all year. Weather permitting. I believe they both have many claims prospect in California.
I believe by calling the BLM/ bureau of land management. Or go there. Believe there's a web site as well. You can look up contact information on claim owners. Do research on the areas you plan to prospect. Look up active and inactive claims. Active and closed gold mines. You can usually find nice gold and specimens in their tailings. Down hill or down stream of them.
The San Gabriels is a place I'd love to try.
Gold in most All black sands in that area.
Fully drying the sands. Spreading them out in an aluminum pan. Using a magnet in a Ziploc bag. Hover the magnet just above the sands and separate the magnetics out. After that you can use a small screwdriver or pic to separate. Panning is ok. Though with fine gold you most always loose gold. A Blue Bowl is handy as well. Don't forget other heavies are there as well. Platinum and silver .
On their websites I think you can look up their claims in each state. GPAA will send a book of All claims across the US and the rules. Most of their claims are typically owned by members and allow members on property.
Hopefully this helps
Good Luck

https://gpaastore.com/collections/g...cV_tkcNaBPauaUf7TuuZeYAgAGyKomRcaAr53EALw_wcB

Last edited: