Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:clapping::detecting: 2-8-09 Went again today

TABAGO

Well the temp was about 78 degree's today that's very good for St. Louis Area in Feb.
found 6 dimes, 11 zinc pennies, an 7 copper pennies, copper is in the tumbler getting cleaned up was doing a bunch of copper ones so Thu those in to.
all so found a small toy plane, cheapo ring LOL, an a hunk of iron, not sure what it is I think maybe it a piece of slag, or something it's very ruff looking but feels smooth and
weighs 58.8 grams (heavy for it's size

That iron Whatsit looks a lot like some meteorites I've seen! Do you get any nickle ID readings anywhere on it? Rotate it about while scanning in an air test, with disc at zero. Put a compass on a table and pass the Whatsit over it. Does the compass pointer wiggle? Does it attract to a magnet? (Test to a compass first!) Just as likely to be slag or scrap, but I'd hang onto it till I was sure.

-Ed

There's more meteorite detecting info here: http://www.whiteriverprep.com/meteor/shootout.html (blatant self-promotion) :D

-Ed

well I thank it's may be slag,, has no effect on the compass, an not magnetic pull to it ad don't get a constant signal with the BH either when i do an air test,, but it is interesting piece any way an it is heavy, an looks like it's been super hot I thank I will put it in the I don't know box LOL more than likley it's slag