Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Class Ring Returns Generate News Story

David53

[attachment 344858 IMG_0689.PNG]
On Monday, April 24, 2017, I contacted KBTX News Channel 3 located in College Station, TX to let them know certain people helped me locate the owner of a 1994 Class Ring. I was asked if I would meet at the park where I found the Ring. I agreed and a story was produced that aired on the 6:00 PM News that night.

I am mentioning this story because I feel as if it really helped shed more of a positive light on our hobby since a precious lost Class Ring that had been lost for more than 2 decades was returned to the rightful owner. As of May 01, 2017, the story has generated 9.8M likes on Facebook.

Please when great finds are unearthed and returned, try to contact your local media so they can show as many positive acts as possible concerning our wonderful hobby. Maybe this will re-open some metal detecting off limited areas, such as Austin, TX Parks? Plus, I feel it will make gaining private property permission much easier for all of us.