Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

classic 2 coil problem

trkdrvr38

My smaller coil for my classic 2 is having problems. it doesnt pinpoint correctly and depth isnt real good. if i turn the frequency adjust dial it will beep and get a little more depth. the plug looks like one of the pin holes is pushed back in . you can see it plainly in the pictur the female end seems to be pushed back in

Hi,
Not wanting to intrude into your monologue, but : ALL the Classics can use the same type of coil.
The SL simply stands for the slim line control box - nothing else.
hh
skookum

RegisterHelp

Remember Me?

Click here to return to White's Electronics Homepage

What's New?ForumNew PostsFAQCalendarForum ActionsQuick LinksChat

Advanced Search

ForumMainGeneral DiscussionOlder Whites Coils and Blue Max Coils

White's Featured Customer Stories

Thread: Older Whites Coils and Blue Max Coils

09-14-2010 07:34 AM#1

Retired Member

Older Whites Coils and Blue Max Coils

Older Whites detector coils

On the left mounting tab of the coil, where the rod connects to it is the coil winding designation code. Examples ; 6B , D5 , G , B4 etc.....

D4 and D5 coils were used on the 6000/D and 6/DB detectors only !! These were available in 8 inch and 15 inch.

B4 and B5 coils were used on the 4/DB and 5000/D detectors only !! Available in 8 inch and 15 inch sizes.

6B coils were used on the "series 2" , the "series 3", the PRO units, the Classics, and on the Classic I SL and Classic II SL. The 6B coil sizes were 4 inch, 8 inch, 10 inch and 15 inch.

A "F" coil was made called a Blue Max 256, which was a 10 inch coil to be used on all the detectors that used the 6B coils. It was lighter than the standard 10 inch and was similar in performance to the present 9 1/2 inch coils. This is the ONLY Blue Max coil that you can use on the 6B detectors. All these coils were whites colored with a blue/white decals on the coil.

The present coils, most commonly called the Blue Max coils, used on the XLT, IDX series, PRL-1, Classic III, and Sierra Madre detectors, have the following codes on them ; 8B , G , HI, .

The Blue Max coils are available in these sizes ; 4 inch, 4X6 DD, 6 inch, 8 inch, 9 1/2 inch and 15 inch. They are known as the Blue Max 350, Blue Max 600, Bullseye 5.3, Blue Max 800, Royal 800, Blue Max 7.8, Blue Max 950, Precision Scan 950, and Blue Max 1500 . All these coils are interchangable. Most of these coils are black colored with many different color decals on the coil. They are NOT made to be used on units that take the 6B design !!!! Using these coils in place of the 6B coils will have varying results. The detector will not ground balance properly, DISC settings will be off, and target ID's will not be accurate. Similar problems will result in using the 6B coils on the 8B detectors, even though the connectors will fit on the control box, they are wired differently.

Last edited by Dimeman; 09-14-2010 at 07:39 AM.

09-14-2010 01:13 PM#2

deolslyfox 

Super ModeratorJoin DateV3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / IDX Pro / 6000D S2

Ahhhh - thats it !!!   Thanks Dime !!! Got this puppy marked again !!  

If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

09-14-2010 06:09 PM#3

Nitro 54 

Forum PopeJoin Date

Excellent repost Robbie

Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

09-14-2010 06:21 PM#4

Retired Member

Originally Posted by Nitro 54 

Excellent repost Robbie

Thanks !!

Quick Navigation General Discussion Top

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »