Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Classic 3 Mods?

A

Anonymous

I have been working on my cl3 I added the theshhold and ground knob, both work very well. Is there a way to add a little bit of extra signal?

the power boost MOD, thats the info I need, if anyone can help.

Doug -
I also have a Classic III. Can you tell me what you did to yours in more detail? Also can I add a meter of some sort to the CL3 myself? Thanks -

I haven't found anyway to put on any type of meter, nor is there any post anywhere that I can find on how to do it (though it must be possible) I bought a used IDX for a good price and am happy with it. The one I have performs exaclty like the CL3, MAybee because there the same machine! If you want a meter that bad go get one, thats what I did. As far as the CL3 mods go I did them, and they work. the threshold control wasn't worth doing, doesn't add any depth unless you crank it up all the way and it'll give you .5 inch in disc. mode, and you have to turn it back down to pin point. If you hunt in ALL metal than the way it comes from the factory is the best (I think) too hot and it gets crazy, its adjustable on the inside. The groung control, IF you find yourself constantly fooling with the trimmer inside the box it (like I did) because of constantly changing soil conditions than its worth doing. I've done it on both the CL3 and the IDX and they work fine.