Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Classic 3

Bowie

Ran across a Classic 3 at a sale. Gave 150 bucks for it. Looks like its hardly been used. The owner passed away several years back and his wife said he didnt use it much. I dont really need it but knew some of you guys really loved these machines. I didnt know its worth but thought for sure it was worth that amount. Did I give to much for it?
Thanks,
John

If the battery compartment is clean and it works as intended ......I'd say you made a good buy. The ground balance is easily adjusted with a miniature slotted screwdriver, just put the detector in all-metal with the trigger switch and do the coil bobbing routine. The GB should be set at a "slightly" positive response as coil gets close to the ground. The little miniature GB pot is under the made in America sticker, counter clockwise is positive and clockwise is negative, it takes very little movement to make a drastic change, so go easy with it.

Retail was 299.95 ..unless it is a classic III Plus .That was 349.00 ..So you may have paid half price if it was full tilt retail sold ..with a discount price sold as new. You may have paid a tad high for it being used. And considering the age of the detector....

Put it on the big internet sales place.......... you'll do ok from a newbie I bet...

Elton said:
Retail was 299.95 ..unless it is a classic III Plus .That was 349.00 ..So you may have paid half price if it was full tilt retail sold ..with a discount price sold as new. You may have paid a tad high for it being used. And considering the age of the detector....

Put it on the big internet sales place.......... you'll do ok from a newbie I bet...

Bowie, if you bought the Classic lll SL, then you hit a home run, just find a 6

Hombre is right..I was thinking of the older square type Classic III since you didn't state SL version... which one did you buy ???

Like Hombre said, you got a deal. If it is the SL model you will like it very much.

Thanks,yes, it has the Black Sand switch and Freq adjustment.. Very clean machine. But Im gonna sell it, I think. Only thing Im going to put up another machine on the forum classifieds. I have to many detectors,lol. Im gonna let it go for what I have in it,,,you guys think it will sell for that?
Thanks,
John

I bought one new years back and I will always remember that machine. My favorite.