Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

classic 5ID vs ID

Eric

I dont get it:shrug:

On the website metaldetectorreviews the classic 5ID doesn't get very good reviews while on the same website, the ID get's very good reviews.

I thought they were more or less the same..

Thanks, Eric.

Such a small amount of reviews....not enough to really get a feel. (Reviews can get skewed real easily at that level.)

I believe the only real difference between the Classic ID and the Classic 5ID is the operating frequency. They have the same display and the same two operating knobs and pinpoint trigger switch.

The Classic ID operates at 6.59 kHz. This is the same operating frequency as the XLT, XL Pro, QXT, Classic III, IDX and IDX Pro. The Classic ID can use the same wide range of search coils as all of those other machines.

The Classic 5ID does not operate at the same frequency as the other Classic machines. I believe it operates at 8kHz, the same frequency as the Prizm machines. This limits the available sizes of usable search coils to a smaller selection.

Staying in the same category, a better detector choice than either of these machines would be the IDX or IDX Pro. They both have a Normal/Black Sand switch and a Frequency Offset switch that allows reduction/elimination of interference from nearby detectors or other EMI sources. And, again they can use all of the wide range of 6.59 kHz search coils.

Another possible plus for staying with a 6.59 kHz detector is that a Sunray probe is made for this frequency. There is no Sunray probe made for the 8 kHz machines.

Sorry if I have rambled too much.
Bob

the Prizm series search coils and operates at 8.1 kHz, while the standard Classic ID operates at 6.59 kHz.

The benefit of owning the original Classic ID is that is uses a wider range of search coils.

The advantage to having one of each, as two of my hunting buddies do, is that even in a sage choked ghost town you can still hunt close together w/o interference.

Monte