Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Classic IDX or 6000 Di Pro SL

Rob183

If you were considering between a stock Classic IDX or a 6000 Di Pro SL which would you choose?

Rob...

...The choice will depend on the specific site that you hunt at. The Classic IDX will out perform the 6000 Di Pro SL where there is an abundance of iron nails, like in a ghost town or old house site. The 6000 Di Pro will out perform the Classic IDX in more open, less targeted sites where the targets have more space between them. The 6000 also has the better analog meter, probably the best ever invented. If you could manage it, get both as they compliment each other and share the same coils.

I have never used the 6000 di SL pro, I did have a 5900 series three. I currently have and like the IDX and IDX PRO and have used the classic III plus. The classics slim line and and IDX seem to have very similar performance and depth. I do like the IDX in open farm fields just as much as I do in the trash, just use the right coil for where your hunting. Go for the idx !

Hombre said:
Rob...

...The choice will depend on the specific site that you hunt at. The Classic IDX will out perform the 6000 Di Pro SL where there is an abundance of iron nails, like in a ghost town or old house site. The 6000 Di Pro will out perform the Classic IDX in more open, less targeted sites where the targets have more space between them. The 6000 also has the better analog meter, probably the best ever invented. If you could manage it, get both as they compliment each other and share the same coils.

Right on. I would highly suggest getting both, since they compliment each other perfectly and even share the same 6.59 kHz coils. Almost like they were made to go with on another. The 600 Di Pro SL for the open areas and for covering a lot of ground, and the IDX for going slow in high rash areas, especially around iron. I sold my IDX years ago to raise funds for another purchase but in hindsight should have hung onto it. Get both and you will be set!

Many old time White's users have commented in the past that the 6000 Di Pro SL was probably one of White's best ever coin machines.