Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Classic III Plus

Ronstar

An old high school friend reached out to me asking for a little help. A friend of his gave him a detector and he knows nothing about detecting. He brought over a White’s Classic III Plus basically in new condition, the foam handle grip was still in new condition as are the decals etc.
We turned it on and it fired right up!! Not sure how old the three 9v batteries are but they were in good shape.

I had set out a board with an array of different coins and some trash. Coins were sharp and clear and the trash a bit choppy. There was no difference in the sounds from quarter down to penny but the nickel was elusive (that could be settings tho?). I even put a square nail over the quarter and it still hit the coin!!!
Anyways, not finding an owners manual on line so far. Any help from anyone here would be appreciated.
Almost forgot…… it has a black sand setting, is this model good for prospecting type hunts?

Attachments

• F7F35705-BF71-450A-92D5-1F8DCE91A4AB.jpeg
    F7F35705-BF71-450A-92D5-1F8DCE91A4AB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 134
  • 9DBA4CDA-5449-4A96-8AE4-7B83F8EC5D5B.jpeg
    9DBA4CDA-5449-4A96-8AE4-7B83F8EC5D5B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 119
  • 89574A1D-73BF-44B6-AD52-3D796957CD5A.jpeg
    89574A1D-73BF-44B6-AD52-3D796957CD5A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 108
  • D5D1173D-FABF-4054-BC28-F674F8FFCECF.jpeg
    D5D1173D-FABF-4054-BC28-F674F8FFCECF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 120
  • 1CE74860-DF42-4F1A-8905-5CD4AF0DCEA6.jpeg
    1CE74860-DF42-4F1A-8905-5CD4AF0DCEA6.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 114
An old high school friend reached out to me asking for a little help. A friend of his gave him a detector and he knows nothing about detecting. He brought over a White’s Classic III Plus basically in new condition, the foam handle grip was still in new condition as are the decals etc.
We turned it on and it fired right up!! Not sure how old the three 9v batteries are but they were in good shape.

I had set out a board with an array of different coins and some trash. Coins were sharp and clear and the trash a bit choppy. There was no difference in the sounds from quarter down to penny but the nickel was elusive (that could be settings tho?). I even put a square nail over the quarter and it still hit the coin!!!
Anyways, not finding an owners manual on line so far. Any help from anyone here would be appreciated.
Almost forgot…… it has a black sand setting, is this model good for prospecting type hunts?

Ron, can't give you an answer for prospecting, but I used one many, many yrs. ago down at the OBX. It hunted just fine down to the waters edge. The disc was more than likely set too high to knock out the nickel. Isn't there a mark on the faceplate where nickels will not read?? Anyway, a nice hunting machine for what it is designed for, turn on and go.

Mark ( ohio )

Tried to decipher the markings on the front…. No idea what the P stands for. Basically played around with the knobs and could detect subtle differences in the way the sounds changed.
I told him just out and dig clear sharp signals and hope for the best until we could locate an instruction booklet/manual.
Black sand normally associated with gold.

Good detectors. The manual should be, at least used to be, online. You can ground balance them through one of the holes on the bottom of it. Open it and you can adjust the theasold too.
Black sand switch was for saltwater beaches.

Tried to decipher the markings on the front…. No idea what the P stands for. Basically played around with the knobs and could detect subtle differences in the way the sounds changed.
I told him just out and dig clear sharp signals and hope for the best until we could locate an instruction booklet/manual.
Black sand normally associated with gold.
As for what the P in the triangle are, Whites put them there for user to set all the knobs to them for quick set up and go out of the box

Its amazing, if you type in the correct search words you find what you’re looking for! Who knew!!!!

I was able to print out an “operators guide” for him.

Thanks for the responses

Check out the "relic1864" channel on youtube, Keith Southern has a great video on the Whites classic 3+ metal detector, very good detector at finding good targets in amongst iron debris.