Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Classic SL IDX vs Prizm 6T

Alexander P

Hi! Have been very satified with my Classic SL IDX. Neighbor suggested that I look into the Prizm 6T. Based on your vast experience, would the Prizm 6T be the logical "next" step up or would you suggest another White's model?

ALSO: While I have been using the Classic mainly on Dry Beach Sand, my focus is on a multi-purpose machine. I do see, from the ads, that the Prizm has a smaller coil. I'm used to the 950. If I did get another machine, would there be much of a difference using the smaller coil at the beach? MANY THANKS.

I always use the biggest coil I have ( usually the stock 950 ) at the beach. The idea is that i want to go as deep as possible, and I really don't worry about masking because I dig almost every target. I had a Classic IDX (modified by Mr. Bill) and I currentlyh have a 6T. There are more bells & whistles on the 6T. Depth read out, back light, VDI to name a few. But I don't think that the depth is all that much better. Of course I use the shooter coil the most. So the smaller coil isn't really a fair comparison. If you have the money I will tell you that the 6T is a great detector. I have been promoting it on the forums as much as I can. The only downfall is the inability to share coils with the MXT,M6,DFX,and now V3 line up. I think it compares really well against the M6. I have even read posts where MXT owners say it compares well in the coin shooting area. But if you don't have Mr Bills Mods I would go that route first. The mod will pay for itself if you decide to sell later. I also have a modded IDX Pro & I decided that it and the 6T have a place in my hunting style. So if you really have the $$$ go for it. The little shooter coil is a must for the 6T. That is another bite on the wallet. Good Luck!

I know several advanced detectorists who rely on the modified Classic III thru IDX Pro for a lot of there hunting. They aren't their big gun, but they use them a lot for all kinds of hunting due to them being light, fast and easy. Piles of silver I've seen pulled with those! (Thinkin' of you Mark... if your lurking! You are the MAN!)