Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

'Classic' T2

Hey all. I'm in search of a decent detector for the upcoming fall field hunt and would appreciate any unbiased opinions of the original T2. I primarily hunt farm fields (long gone home sites) littered with iron, but in mild soil.

I'm aware that these units haven't hit the shelves yet, but assuming they are similar to the original green machines, what are your guys' opinions of these detectors, ie depth, separation, emi, etc.

I'm also interested in the depth capabilities of the optional 15" coil as I have a couple of sites with deep set targets.

I've owned the F75SE and was impressed with it's ergonomics. It was also one of the deepest detectors I've owned yet, albeit a bit chatty.

I was pretty much sold on the G2+, but the pricing on the T2 and accys is hard to pass up!

For reference I've hunted with the F75SE, Deus, and most recently the Notka Core.

Thanks for any and all input!

I still use a original green T2,dont plan on updated to any of the latest models either,its good enough as it is,regarding the 15'' coil that they have on offer !!! just think of the reason they are selling them so cheaply its not because they dont work or anything infact they are pretty deep,the one reason that folks dont want them or use them is the weight,who ever designed that coil made a total mess up as just that one thing held them back with no end of surplus stock,at the beginning of the year they reduced the price by a massive margin but still could not shift them.

The original green T2 is a quality detector but the 15'' coil is a massive 'White Elephant'

Thank you sir for the input. I would assume any coil that large would be a bit unwieldy, but it's good to know. But, I've owned a few boat anchors in the past....Lol. I would mostly utilize the 5"and 11" coils, but it would be nice to have monster coil for coverage and to punch down an extra inch or two occasionally.

If i want to go deep with the T2 i will bring the big fella out to play the SEF15x12 that is a much lighter coil,but i will only use that on say a pasture site that i suspect a hoard is in the location.I have had back problems of late and can only use a large coil with a full harness on.This allows me to swing such a brute for most of the day.

1st time out today on a roman site,the crop has just come off and stubble was still pretty stiff,so used the T2 with the superb and very underated 5'' coil on,a real pleasure to use as you can crank the settings up with this small coil and still get a signal down pretty deep when other larger coils would loose depth due to the 6'' of stubble.

If you use the original T2 in 4 or 50 on discrimination this gives it a boost mode and does give you some extra depth,anything to gain a slight advantage is always welcome.

John, I currently do not have anything! I sold both of my Deus detectors in the spring to fund a trip for my wife's 40th b-day, picked up a Core for a little bit. Then got took on a trade deal. Such is life, lol.

Go for the T2 you will not be sorry The Deus is very light but to my mind the T2 beats it for depth. I use the T2 SE latest version brilliant. Most of the time I use a Nel sharpshooter coil equal to the Standard coil but less coverage of course. I have a Nel Storm coil big good on pasture but again too heavy on arable.

I use basically 3 coils on my T2 rig,the Sharpshooter replaces the stock coil,5'' coil is mainly being used at the moment as the stubble is still pretty stiff and the large 15'' SEF coil,all of these coils are mounted on 33'' Whites tallman bottom rods.The reason i have them on these Whites rods allows me to change over coils in about 30 seconds A really great setup,and is also so much lighter than the standard shaft setup.

robs said:
So, is this new classic t2 better than the Omega?
To some people for some types of hunting and who desire certain feature adjustments, yes, it can be. However there are others who tend to prefer the Omega 8000.

I have personally owned two Tek. T2's and four Omega 8000's. Both work. Both have ample adjustment capability. They are, however, somewhat different. Of them, while to do like the T2, I have an assortment of detectors and was looking for something that would make a handy, light-weight, Coin Hunting detector [size=small](with the ability to Relic Hunt as well)[/size] for urban sites here in the USA. I favored the Omega 8000 over the T2 for two main reasons:

1.. The visual Target ID, and to an effect the audio Tone ID, locked on much better to mid-depth and deeper US coins than the T2.

2.. I like to have a search coil variety for my hunting needs and sites chosen, and the Omega can use both Concentric and Double-D coils and the T2 is DD only. Plus the Omega has more search coil options. Both have a 5" round DD coil which I prefer for the old ghost town and other very trashy conditions, but the Omega's elliptical Concentric and round 8" Concentric coils worked the best for me for Coin Hunting common areas.

I like them both, but personally preferred the Omega 8000. Right now I have neither of them, but am considering picking up the T2 'Classic' with accessory pack to have the 5" DD coil, and I am eagerly waiting the release of the Omega 8500 for which I already have my 5" DD ready-to-use. A lot will depend on how many detectors a person has, for them to complement each other for different tasks, or if someone only wants to have one metal detector to do all they want. In the end, it is really a very personal pick decision and you ought to try to find a dealer who stocks both so you can try them, hands-on.

Monte

PS: Whichever way a person goes, then really should add the proper 5" DD to their detector/coil arsenal as it is a very versatile coil. :thumbup: