Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cleaned & ID'd - From "Best detecting day in a while" posted 10/6/14

drkp88

Last Sunday I happened across an older home where all the sod had been skimmed off a large area around the house (I think the house will be demolished soon). I posted uncleaned finds and photo of the house on 10/6/14 "Best detecting day in a while - by accident".
I had a chance to clean and id the other day.
It was an exciting hunt because of the number and variety of targets and I had a blast! Not much junk and only a couple modern coins.
Total coins 14 - all but one were 1700's-1800's. I would have liked more silver but I ain't complainin' lol
Half reale 1781 (weak mint strike on the obverse), KG II 1720, Draped LC 1798, Draped LC 1802, Flying Eagle 1858, six IHs (1864, 1868, 1873, 1889, 1890, 1895), CW token 1864 Union Forever, Store Token - A Heinze Quart, Canadian LC 1917.
Also found 16 misc. buttons, 1915 dog license, two pocket watches, cuff link, suspender buckle.
Thanks for sharing. Bruce

Bruce you really have some fine looking coins in the mix!.........Finding virgin ground to hunt is not so easy these days, I hope to find some soon..

Enjoy your next hunt........John

Awesome finds. I wish every place I have stopped (probably 1,000.+) over the years all had produced that well.
Not sure which I like better the Realle or Token. I am going to say Realle.
Congrats on some beauties. :thumbup:

Wow holly smokes Mike those coins are amazing for sure wtg :thumbup: