Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cleaning crusted wheaties ?

Farbor Freight 3 pound rock tumbler, some sand or pea gravel, some vinegar little salt. Turn it on, come back in a couple hours. Pitting will still br there. If you need, run bad coins a second time. Use a Garrett classifier that comes in the gold pan kit to seperate the coins from the gravel. Thats how I do it. Here's the link to Harbor Freight Rock Tumbler if you need it:
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-lb-rotary-rock-tumbler-67631.html

All the best

Might as well get 20% off -- try coupon code 51637713 [Exp. 04/28] or 11816228 (Exp. 05/13)

How is that tumbler??
Heard the belt breaks a lot.should I order extra belts

You could try electrolysis. I make them with old cellphone chargers. Gotta be careful not to over do it with old coins. A few minutes at a time until they are as clean as you need them.

Get the double cylinder tumbler from harbor freight. If anything goes wrong, I mean anything, take it back and get a new one.

swingbeepdig: I haven't bought one yet, but yes, the belt is the common complaint - some have said that they replaced with a vacuum belt from walmart and that solved the problem.

I haven't had a problem yet with my belt and have had mine about 2 years now..and mine came with 4-5 extra belts. Still have them all.

Swingbeepdig said:
How is that tumbler??
Heard the belt breaks a lot.should I order extra belts

I was changing belts as often as changing baby's diaper with the first tumbler I had from them. Then the plastic bushings went. I went back to see what else they may have for tumblers and noticed a totally different 3 pounder. I purchased it and have been using it 6 months now still using original belt. Whatever problems they had with the 3 pounder, it appears it is all good now.

I use electrolysis carefully and get good results. If I have more time\patience I'll soak in warm Hydrogen Peroxide. As a last resort if I have a heavily encrusted keeper, I'll long term soak in olive oil. Actually I have had an Indian Head cent soaking since last fall in olive oil and the crusty bits are coming off in thin slabs.