Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cleaning Question

mick

I live in the San Diego area and as you may know we had some serious wildfires that devastated the county. My best friend lost his home in the fires. It was a beautiful home of over 5000 sq ft that he built himself. Saturday a small group of us assembled where his house once stood and started sifting through the ash and rubble. All that was salvageable could be carried away in a single wheelbarrow. We found pieces of three generations of family china and some of her beautiful glassware all of which were broken and melted. We did manage to recover enough to make a mosaic table for the patio in their new home.

Here is my question. I recovered some flatware items (knives, forks and spoons). Some is Waterford stainless and some is still unidentified. It is too heat damaged to be useful but would make a nice wind chime or ???. How do I clean it? Some is stainless and other pieces may be silver. It is black from the fire. Sand/bead blasting would leave it pitted and dull. Are there any chemicals or process that you would recommend? It doesn