Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cleansweep coil and bottlecaps

Gene

How does the Cleansweep coil read bottlecaps ?
Being a wide scan coil do they register as coins ?
Just wondering as one of the places I hunt is just
absolutely loaded with Corona caps, rusted and not.
Being a jewelry hunter on sports fields this seems like
an excellent coil to have.
Any comments would certainly be appreciated.
Good hunting to you all ! Gene

Gene,
I can only speak for how it acts on the Cibola and Tejon I have. It produces a response very similar to what the standard and 5.75 inch concentric do; with the discriminator set at anywhere from middle of the word iron on up to foil, they sound off but have a sharp edge to the beep. The edge sharpness is enough that I can normally call them out as bottle caps. I dig them anyway to get them out of the way. Then I check the area again and sometimes I have a gift of another target a little deeper than the bottle cap that I really want to keep.

I don't normally turn the discriminator up much more than mid-foil anywhere I hunt, but have thumbed it up about as high as it will go over a bottle cap a couple of times and listened. The bottle caps don't really go away, although they do get a little more broken in the sound as the discriminator setting is higher. That is pretty much how the concentric coils behave on the Cibola and Tejon with bottle caps too.
tvr

Thanks for the great response tvr. You have told me what I wanted to hear.
I really do appreciate your detailed response. The cleansweep coil, no doubt,
would be a good coil for hunting jewelry on sports fields. After what you have
told me I just know so. Good hunting to you ! Gene

Good luck with your sports field hunts! I really like the cleansweep on a Tejon for many of those hunts.

If you are hearing the sharp edge on the beep with a standard coil on bottle caps, then you know what it sounds like. Pinpointing is a little different in that you use either end of the coil to see where the target goes away off of the tip of the coil. Once you get the feel for it, the pinpointing is very accurate. Not as deep as the standard coil, but covers a lot of area
Cheers,
tvr

Thanks again tvr. I am really anxious to get a Cleansweep now.
Not looking for depth just faster coverage of large areas.
Most of the gold jewelry I have found over the years on sports
fields has been less than 3" deep. There have been some exceptions
but most of it has been very shallow. Bet when I start using it my only
question will be why it took me so long to get one.
Thanks again for your advice. It has been very helpful in making up my
mind to get the Cleansweep. Good hunting to you ! Gene

i REALLY feel good about the ground I can cover with the CSC,,,,, LOVE IT !!!!