Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cleansweep & Mojave ??????????

Ivan

Would the cleansweep 3"X18" coil need to be "tuned" to a Mojave detector? Would this coil function on a Mojave? Has anyone used this combo..........reports would be welcome. Thinking of getting this set up. Wonder if the high mineral setting would work properly on this coil......so many questions....hope there are some answers.Thanks.

Ivan said:
Would the cleansweep 3"X18" coil need to be "tuned" to a Mojave detector? Would this coil function on a Mojave? Has anyone used this combo..........reports would be welcome. Thinking of getting this set up. Wonder if the high mineral setting would work properly on this coil......so many questions....hope there are some answers.Thanks.

Yep, I have run both the cleansweep 3x18, and the 8 brown donut, with equal results. In my area(s), school yards, I am hitting coins 3-6 inches very easily. 3-6 is average in my areas, and even a 7 inch now and then, so I am happy with both coils.

When I looked into info on the 3x18 before buying it, there was the notion that it doesn't go as deep as a typical coil, but I have found this to be quite the opposite; for my application, which is school yard hunting.

So about your question, my Mojave didn't seem to need any type of adjustment, I just turn on an go, sens at 8-9 both coils, no problems. Nice silent search, no falsing, distinct audio response.

I dont really require the mineral shift for school yards, so I haven't tested that aspect.

The only distinctions between the two coils that I noticed is ground coverage of course, love the sweep, can cover quite a bit in a few sweeps. And the second is that it seems that I am able to find ALOT of coins on edge with the 8 donut; however, im not sure if that is just incidental, and just haven't found any with the sweep because they are not there in the areas I sweep.

Hope this helps, overall I am thinking the sweep will serve well on the Mojave, I am really happy with the results.

Best Wishes Hunting!