Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Clearing the air

LowRider

This is really upsetting me. Because I asked if someone would SELL me a detector AND because I was disabled and on SSI that I could could only make small payments.

I am called a crook because I want to BUY a detector. Yes I have an Ace 250. I don't happen to like it and because I want to BUY a better machine I am a crook.

If you think I like having part of my brain dead you got another thing coming. I don't demand a disount, I don't ask for a discount. I don't even expect a discount on anything. As far as discounts go I have only gotten one that I know of and I was not even there. I gave my sister $40 to get me a new desk chair because the old one broke and dumped me on the floor. When she got home she said the person that sold her the chair when he found out it was for me sold her a $249 chair for $49 because he said that the one I gave her the money to buy would not work. That was very nice of him but I wasn't even there.

You think I like to go shopping and have people star at me? Some people arevery nice. I just ask a salesperson where an item is and instead of just telling me were it is they will actually go get the item and bring it back to me. I say that is a really nice thing to do. I don't expect them to do anything beyond telling me where it is so I can go get it. There are all to many people that will give me a stare that means: how dare you being out in public, you should be locked up somewhere, why are you forcing yourself on us normal people.

I don't demand anything, I don't ask for anything, I don't even expect anything beyond being treated like a human being.

I didn't know there was a piece of paper that said this is a disabled person. I didn't know there was a piece of paper saying somebody was crazy. I have never heardof it. I just read that the piece of paper I get each year saying I was getting an increase in my SSI was proof that I was disabled. I just read it and throw it into the garbage. I didn't know it was a legal binding document saying hey I'm disabled. To me it is just a piece of paper.

Bassman OFFERED to SELL me a detecter worth $250 or more for $60. I didn't demand it, I didn't ask him, he offered to. You won't believe me, but I didn't even get a chance to tell him no thanks I don't want a Fischer because the 2 Fischer's I have owned loved iron even it when I turned the discriminate up to 8. He is a very generous person with a kind heart to offer me the deal. He didn't have to. I say thank you for the offer but I'm looking to BUY one of the top of the line machines.

Another guy said that because I am a programmer of computers should sell my programs and BUY a detector. I have tried to sell them. I worked hard on a, I offered it as shareware. I did not cripple it in any way so anybody could use it as long as they wanted to. I asked them to send me money if they liked it. Boy I was going make lots and lots of money. In 3 years I recieved exactly $0.00. Now I just put it out there and let anybody use it that wants to. I don't even ask them to send me anything, it is freeware. I was working on a database for logging finds. You probably won't believe me. I have worked on it on and off for a year. I put a lot of work into it. Pete in MI offered to actually pay me for it. I told him no thanks he can use it without giving me anything. Is that the way of a crook? I just write programs for something to do. If I finish it, anybody that wants to use it can. They don't even have to so much as say thank you.

I have had to sit in my bedroom for 16 years. Do you think I like it. I would rather work. I am diabetic. I can only eat 2 cans of veggies and three bowls of sugar free pudding and a glass of skim milk a day. Poor poor me. Gimmie gimmie gimmie. Other people are to lazy to work and they say gimmie gimmie gimmie. I can't find work, gimmie gimmie gimmie. I got a bad heart, gimmie gimmie gimmie. I want to BUY a detector and I'm the bad guy?

I stated that I was crippled, I stated that I was only getting SSI, I stated I could only make small monthly payments. I asked someone to SELL me a detecor. I only stated the facts so the person that would sell me a detector knew that I didn't have $1000 to plop down for a detector. That if they would sell me a detector they would not get their money up front, that it would take a while for me to pay it off. If anybody only wanted the money NOW they should not sell to me.

Phillip offered me an Explorer for $40 a month for 20 months. That's all I wanted. He knows that the deal is not a wamm bamm thank you mame deal. I don't know anything about him. He could just be a crook out to steal my money. Or he could just be a nice person willing to sell me a detector over time. I am going to send him my money trusting him to send me a detector after getting my money. I stated $40 a month, most months I can do better than that but I have months that I run out of money before I get what I need.

As for the guy you asked how I am going to metal detect. I have to stay on fairly level ground. Who is going to dig up the finds. I am, I have made a digger out of a metal detector upper shaft that was given to me and a gator digger I had. The only thing else is just a ride there and back.

I am sorry you have to hear all this ranting. I am so upset and frustrated I had to let out some of what I feel.

Mike