Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Close, but no silver.

napascores

Made quick stop last night around 8:30 to hunt a sand volleyball court in a business park. I though I was some kind of genius for thinking of it, cause who would ever detect a sand volleyball court . . .
Cleanest spot you would ever find! I found two 3" nails which I was pleased to remove and one dime on the outskirts of the court along the brush line. Just missed the silver!
Funny thing, as I was thinking how the place must have been detected over several times, I got a low-tone at about 6". I dug out the sand down to the weed barrier and sure enough, there were two one inch holes cut into the barrier and the ground had clearly been poked around in. It was just a bunch of rusty iron dust, for lack of a better term. Clear evidence of another detector-ist in the area.

You Sir, are thinking right! :thumbup: Good observation on that volleyball court, yeah, in a lot of cases, we are hunting OTHER detectorists in our area...trying to get to know their hunting style/settingsschedule by what they leave behind and when they run it...(tell penny) It dont take long and you will know a good spot in about 5 minutes by whats there and what aint...still, all it takes is one gold dropped yesterday to make your day today...such is the life of an inland jewelry/coin hunter..as if things arent hard enough, we have to outhunt or outthink each other!:rofl:
Mud.

I never leave a sand volley ball court undetected. Can not pass one of them up but so far they have been a large of waste of time for me. I have found two coins, one clad dime and one Zincoln and one small sterling ear ring. But I still can not pass one up knowing that some day I might find something good.

I found a rather large wrestling trophy in a sand volleyball court once. I guess the 2nd place winner wasn't too please with his performance or somebody stole it and ditched it when they decided it was only gold in color. A sand volleyball court would be a good place to find jewelry, especially necklaces. You would think about removing a ring or a bracelet, but might not think about a necklace. Also a lap or two around the perimeter to look for anything taken off on purpose and forgotten/left behind.