Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Closing thoughts.

Scott Maine

I went through one set of batteries and am on the next. Does not feel like 40 hours of use...maybe more like 30.

The T2 is easy to run...it does not take weeks of study like a DFX does in order to get max performance out of it.

Now..nothing against the DFX...I like em enough...I will get another one day just so I can spend the rest of my years screwing with the settings. But that is my downfall with the DFX...freakin menus...all over the place...I just can't stop myself.

Anyway back to my point. I have dug a buttload of targets....at various depths...and for me...in my soil...it is on average...as deep as any ID detector I have used or seen used.

This does not indicate that another machine will not be deeper on a specialty target...the Baron was a rather large winner in the 9" nickel. But...it averages out around the target range....metal and size.

No need to keep posting pics to rove a point...and I do not like posting pics of finds...there are alot of people who then try and find where you is digging.

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything..and I do not care if you believe what I say or not. It is simply information...if you want to disregard it is as worthless than by all means do so. However I could care less what anyone thinks.....actually. Yet....don't take it the wrong way....just...do we all realy care what the next freak on a keyboard thinks. if you do...run away and get a life..or better...go dig some relics with your favorite machine. Use an Explorer...use a DFX.....an Ace 250...Vaquero...heck a Radio Shack Discovery for all I care....it is your time and money and up to you to enjoy. So screw what I think to....I am just a Jack@ss with a keyboard and that is correct sometimes.

Buy it...don't buy it....whatever....I am not a dealer and get absolutely nothing for doing this. I just like to let people see what it does in my area which represents soil that is moderately mineralized. It does not gaurentee performance in any area even 10 feet away from me in the same field.
It works...it works well...it needs more freakin coils and like soon. It is a snap to setup and is fairly comfortable to detect with. Like I said it averages the same depth as any other top line ID and non ID machine I have used....and have seen used....overall.

I could hunt with an Explorer...or a Nautilus...an X-5 or a T2 ....any of em...and I would feel I was getting very similar performance.

....for confirming what others of us have said about the T2, and in some cases, about how some of us had in our stables machines that already provide equal or better performance for all practical purposes considering the availability of optional coil sizes. The T2 is a great machine, but simply didn't offer anything to my hunting needs that the Nautilus and X-5 didn't already provide in the way of raw performance. That may all change once other coil sizes are offered, but for now that is just another waiting game. I'm sure others will have no use or desire for anything other than the stock coil for their own hunting needs, and for those, the T2 will perform right up there with the best of them.

Thanks for taking the time to do your reports. Much appreciated by most of us, I'm sure.

Ralph

:stars:Who buy the machines, test drive them, and share the results! Most of us dont have the time or money to do what you generous guys have been doing. We read your results, compare those with others, think things thru, and go out and buy a machine, once every few years at best. Then hope like heck it performs in our soil well! For myself, this is an interesting machine, but I will wait 2 months, to read a few more tests,wait for our winter to pass, and to see if Troy happens to come out with a TID machine between now and then. Thanks again, all.

If it does not do something your current comfort machines are doing...why swap...makes no sense. You lose money when you sell a used machine and then lose more when you have to rebuy your original machines again at retail.
Sometimes we try new ones for the pure fun of it..or to satify for ourselves how it will work in our town.
Do I see a need for a person to sell their explorer and get a T2...Nope......or get rid of their nautilus and X-5....Nope.
But if you have neither or need a good deep ID machine along with a single beeper than it is worth considering.
From the angle of a person who is moving up to a good deep ID machine...this is a great machine to ponder.....I certainly would list it with the Explorer...DFX....and Coinstrike as a 4th alternate and know that they were not going to sacrifice performance or depth on the whole...as it stands in my area atleast!!
Scott

It will be interesting to see what Garrett comes out with. I hear rumours of a new detector based on the Ace 250 with expanded capabilities. If it does come out, and at a ridiculously low pricepoint like the Ace, there mght be some prety quiet forums here & there. ...Willy.

You need to post that info on the troy forum, those guys over there are dying to know! Even Amy is in the dark.

You need to post that info on the troy forum, those guys over there are dying to know! Even Amy is in the dark. LOL.

He doesn't have any information that Amy doesn't have.

Like many other detector companies, it's in development.

the new troy will not be weather proof like the x5, they are trying to keep the cost down on the new one.

The new units will be built in the same housings as the X3/X5 from what I understand, so will be just as weather resistant as the earlier models.

Ralph

I heard that from the marketing genius herself. Have to wonder what price point they are aiming at.

If they use the same control housings, why would they "not" be weather-proofed ? You're looking at all of a few cents extra production cost to do so.

Ralph

...and may be the only other two messages besides "RAISE COIL- OVERLOAD", but I'm not sure.