Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Closing thoughts.

n/t

she just said it is expensive to weather proof. Guess we will just have to wait and see what they come out with.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for all the great observations on the T2. It is obvious you feel some of the frustration I have felt when taking the time to post useful information on the web. Seems like it is impossible to just come out and simply say you really like a detector without somebody implying there is some kind of agenda. It is ironic since people clamor for information from the few of us who have access to lots of machines, but then when we post something they act like we owe them something. If they do not like reading something you took the time to post for free, then they should just go out and invest their own time and money and do their own comparisons.

So I just wanted to thank you for taking the time. Most of us really appreciate it!!

Steve Herschbach
Steve's Mining Journal

Hi Scott,

Just put my samples in the mail to ya today. A match head size Colorado nugget, two Black Hills nugs that weigh 2 grains together, so the smaller of the two must weigh only half a grain. They often read as iron on my Time ranger with a 4" coil, but ID jumps around usually 2 to 34, but some passes read higher. I got from .5" to about 1.5" with the TR from smallest nug to largest. Comparison tests with a Gold Bug 1 went from 1 to 2 inches, just a bit deeper than the TR.

I also included a Gold Basin meteorite. Might be interesting to see how that reacts too. On the TR it often read 299, rusty can ID, but it depended on which "face" was towards the coil. The ground monitor flucuated a lot and the depth was saying 6 to 10" with the rock right against the coil. Best actaul depth was about 2". You may also notice a null signal, much like a hot rock, so perhaps that indicator will show on your T2.

These were all air tests. For my comparison, that's all I'm interested in. I could easily get black sands, but didn't test that way.

I forgot to include return postage, so please keep the larger of the two Black Hills nuggets for your time. Thanks for your efforts from all us curious nugget shooters!

-Ed