Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coastal BC

SeaScene

Hello.. my location is coastal BC and I mean coastal as I live aboard a sailboat. My turf is from the south Alaska border to mid Vancouver Island from where the ocean hits the shore and inland plus the creeks. I have detected for 2 yrs now with a Whites MXT and eliptical DD coil. I have found a variety of objects but no gold...not even a picker. I have a friend who wants to go in on a Minelab 5000. However, if it is just using the wrong coil or settings on the MXT then I would like to save my money.

Thanks in advance for your comments
...good luck out there

You don't say what settings you are using or which DD coil. The 6X10 Eclipse and the 5.3 Eclipse are highly recommended for gold. Headphones are probably a must because most nuggets are going to be very small. Are you going to places where much gold in nugget form has actually been found? You might want to get in touch with a guy named Willy who has been on these forums and prospects in BC or at least search some of the posts he has made. Are you worried at all about radiation from Japan? Good luck and keep us posted on your results.
James

Hello James... thanks for the info. I will look into the coil advice.

I searched under Authors on this forum for Willy but nothing came up.

As far as radiation goes... so far not a problem here. That is an incredible tragedy over there and could be repeated here on the west coast of our continent at anytime.

Gary

If you go back to starting page 66 a fellow
that use to post about MXT use of coils
in GOLD hunting and work back on his
answers about the use of MXT
He use to post about 2 years ago and his avatar name was
HillbillyBob you may find some info there.
He drop out of detecting due to health concerns.

Hope this helps.

Monte is also the guru on the use of the MXT
He may have some good info about finding gold.

I googled Willy MXT and the first title was a thread on this forum Jan 27, 2010 of an interesting discussion comparing the MXT to the Sov GT for prospecting. Apparently the MXT is one of the best VLF detectors for prospecting. Some of the PI detectors are in a different league of course and in some places would probably be the tool to use. A guy named BT in Australia has written some interesting stuff about finding specimen gold in quartz using an MXT with a 5.3 Eclipse coil. The key seems to be turning the SAT as high as possible with the sensitivity as high as possible. Monte also says he likes that coil for prospecting. Buena Suerte. James