Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cobra II, Viper Detectors?

HaroldILL.

Anyone remember these two Oldies but goodies? I am talking about the Discovery electronics made ones that the Big K carried. The Late JB had a Viper, only one I ever saw. I had a Cobra II for a short time. The one I had was hot as could hit +9" Silver and Copper coins easy in My mild ground and 10" Nickels. It had awesome Modulated Audio to cherry pick the Deepies with. Another detector I wish I kept.

and Still work well. (but we seem to be obsessed with technology and the 'newest toy.')
But the Cointrax Baron-2 with deephunter ruled! :yo: :lol:

My old Barons still get as much use as any of my newer machines.

Heavier, more current drain (16 batteries), less efficient bottlecap rejection (screw cap disc needed to take them out) need to be swept faster, and were probably real world between 5-6 pole in filtering
(I believe so much is filtered some target signal was lost which reduced depth even more) just try it on very small gold. And no TID, notches or tones, and poor ergonomics compared to a F-75 type platform;
while still capable, much less efficient.
A Garrett Master Hunter BFO will still find nuggets (you really want to compare one to a T-2 or MXT) :lol: and.....Garrett years back loaded all his stock in tractor trailers and hauled them to the dump----would not sell. :buds: