Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coco cay bahamas

I think it is a small island that almost belong to the Royal Carabean Cruise. I do not know if they will let you do it. If yes, it could be a mother lod. Lot of touriste there for the day when the ship arrive.They all concentrate in the same area.

Did you expecte to go there with the cruise ship?? if yes, there is about 2000 peoples coming out of the ship to go all at the same little beach for swimming, boating, parasealling, diving, floters surf....
May be it will be easier if you use diving shaft with masque ,scuba and no scoop.

Keep us inform

Serge

if you can detect there, and make sure you check !!!!!!!!!! try and do it early am before it gets crowded. good luck and let us know.

I went on cruise with Royal Caribbean 3 years ago to the Bahamas and Cocoa Cay stop on return trip. I took my excal to the beach in a lawn chair bag with my scoop. Hunted for 3 hrs. and found about seven pieces of jewelry. Allot of people, the life guard told me as i was leaving that they don't mind MDing if you don't disturb the guest. He also informed me that one of the employees hunts the beach after the ship leaves. So the further out you go the better chance you may have at finding stuff, allot of rocks as you go out Thur the area the snorkelers like to go to. Take plenty of sun screen and the water is cold in March, I mean blue lip cold in just a few hours. Good luck. HH

I don't know if it is considered part of the Bahamas or not but the department of tourism for the Bahamas said that detecting is allowed on the beaches and in the water.Royal Caribbean said I could bring it on the ship but as far as detecting at ports of call is up to the local authorities.:shrug:

thanks for the reply ,that was allot of good information.I think I will give it a try we are going mid Nov.:)