Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cognitive dissonance no more

togg77

I placed my order for a new F75 Ltd and in the meanwhile I have been reading a lot about the F75 and EMI and was beginning to have some creeping doubts about my choice.I read several glowing reports about the Whites V3&V3i being really hot items so I ventured over to the forum featuring these detectors and the FIRST item was on EMI and the V series being affected from mildly to severely. Also on the first page were 3 people who were complaining about depths of only 2-3 inches and the machine snap,crackling,and popping. I would never wish bad luck on any fellow MD'er,but reading the first page of that forum caused me to smile,somewhat smugly,and cognitive dissonance no more.

You made the right choice .... You may, or may not get a little EMI. EMi issues were mostly with the first release Fisher F-75's.

I have an LTD and it has almost no EMI issues unless I am next to a power station.. Or sub station.. Enjoy your detector. Glad you lost the buyers remorse..

Do not be afraid to run low sensitivity..It's still get awesome depth ....... I would suggest lower sens while learning the sounds..

I was told by a wise man at Fisher. He said "the machine will tell you where it want's to run." I know the first thing a lot of people do is crank up the power on any new machine they get. It's just our nature!

" the machine will tell you where it wants to run" Exellent summation. After many days of research this is what it boils down to. Thanks, remembering this little jingle will save a lot of tooth enamel.