Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil balancer

DigDog

Anyone use one and does it really make a big difference.
They are relatively inexpensive not sure if its a difference you can actually feel or if it improves the wear on the ears and shaft.

For the 11” perhaps, less so but still possibly worthwhile for ultimate comfort. I just can’t stand 3-D printed products, they lack finish completely. I bought the remote lock and stopped using it cause it’s sloppy and still loose. Figured out a better locking method - piggy back two 4” zip ties for more length and tighten around shaft end and the charging port threaded cap and your remote will be snug as a bug. If necessary when charging time comes, cut it off and replace after charging is finished. Easy, cheap, secure. No tether needed either.

Are they all 3D printed?
I don’t know if I would be comfortable attaching something to the charging port cap causing any pressure as it has plastic threads and helps make it waterproof.but thats just me

I’ve never seen one that isn’t 3-D. Printed.
I don’t think the zip tie is exerting serious pressure against the charging port- it’s just until it has no upward freedom of movement.

I took the lanyard that comes with it and put it on and drilled a small hole in the handle for enough away from the connector point on the remote that there is a very small amount of slack and the remote cannot move up

I have a coil balancer coming today ( yes it’s the 3-D junk but that’s all you can get) it’s for my 11” coil. I already have a piece of lead bar I found taped under the arm cuff so I’m hoping between it and the centering schmitzic the 11” will be a comfortable swing. No balancer needed for the 9” coil, and with the shaft weight left on the coil
“ floats” it’s so well balanced.
Without any mods the 11” coil isn’t actually heavy, and the 9” not at all but the benefits of a well balanced detector are significant. It just feels more comfortable and there’s no hand/ wrist strain.

I would think in a very hot climate thin plastic might soften up and flex for example the lower shaft. Used to deliver pvc piping and in the winter if it hit the hard ground it would shatter easily and in the summer really flex.
With the 9” and the carbon fiber lower it should be really balanced and stiff. Will see

Are they all 3D printed?
I don’t know if I would be comfortable attaching something to the charging port cap causing any pressure as it has plastic threads and helps make it waterproof.but thats just me
My charging port cover came dislodged from the unit somehow. It seems as though it can easily come out of the unit.