Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil battery issues....

Donna(NJ

My coiled died twice on me after only using for 2 days. I checked the manual and it said only 8 hours !!! I remember on the D1 at least a 12 hour charge,

Every 2 days I have to charge my coil.

The other day, I only charged the coil and headphones as the remote was 1/2 charged and good for 30 hours.

This morning after a 2 1/2 hour hunt, the machine completely shut down. I know yesterday, I hunted for 4 1/2 hours.
Today, targets were few and far between. Im using beach mode, bottle caps, 0,,, iron volume 0,,,, sensitivity 95, reactivity 1.5, salt sensitivity 7.

You'd think after 10 years, we'd see an improvement in battery life. Cant believe I have to charge the coil every other day.

Yes, I beach hunt a lot. almost daily and twice on weekends. I certainly expected more battery life the second time around !!!

Am I missing something ??

HH
Donna(NJ)

Sounds like something is wrong, I can use mine for three days and probably even four, never had a coil die on my 1 or 2. Last time I went to the beach I was out for two solid days then got home and went out for another day and still haven't charged it.

Last edited:
I got this advice from another forum member and it helped my Deus headphones hold a charge better.

Charge your coil then unplug from charger. Wait a few seconds and plug it in again. Does it blink fully charged or does it start charging again. If it takes more than a few minutes to show full again, it was not fully charged the first time. My headphones would die overnight until I did this. The first time I tried I think it took another 2 hours to charge. When I immediately did it again. I it only took 15 or 20 minutes to say full charge. Now my phones last a long time without charging. Even before I did this, the charge would last a little better each time I charged it. I thought my battery was bad and replaced it but it was the same until I did as described above. I hope this helps. It doesn't cost anything to try. It saved me the cost to send them in.

My coil died over night after being used for 5 1/s hours yesterday. needless to say I was a bit pissed when I got to the beach !!!! Long walk back to car and no spare beach machine and it was LOW tide !!!!

I just charged it this morning. Took it off the charger and plugged it back in. I got a steady light again
with a slight flicker !! Lets see what happens.

Thanks for the info. Never would have thought it wasnt fully charged as the remote said it was charged.

Keeping my fingers crossed as it the only wet sand machine I have and its the 4th of JUly !!!!

Thx again,
Donna(NJ)

I got this advice from another forum member and it helped my Deus headphones hold a charge better.

Charge your coil then unplug from charger. Wait a few seconds and plug it in again. Does it blink fully charged or does it start charging again. If it takes more than a few minutes to show full again, it was not fully charged the first time. My headphones would die overnight until I did this. The first time I tried I think it took another 2 hours to charge. When I immediately did it again. I it only took 15 or 20 minutes to say full charge. Now my phones last a long time without charging. Even before I did this, the charge would last a little better each time I charged it. I thought my battery was bad and replaced it but it was the same until I did as described above. I hope this helps. It doesn't cost anything to try. It saved me the cost to send them in.
I did what you said and it seemed as though it was charging again. Didnt last long, maybe 10-15 minutes and the light is blinking. Back to the beach and see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Relic mode drains the battery much faster than other programs. Maybe that's the cause?

I remember the good old days when you could carry spare batteries and change them by yourself. I do really like my Deus, though. You can use an adapter in the cigarette lighter of your car to give it a charge while driving. A power bank can also charge your coil while you catch some rays. I wish you the best.

Did it help?
Seems to help a bit. Im bad at keeping track. I just charge every other day to make sure. Even though the batty bar graph saids 1/2 full, I dont trust it.
When 1/2 full, it seems to go to zero in no time.

Im am using your technique to unplug and re-plug. Only takes another 10-15 minutes to get a solid light.

I'll be more diligent on clocking runtime !!!!

Thx foa ll your help

HH
Donna(NJ)

Deus 2 is a high powered machine. I bought one of those single aa battery charger for the deus. Serious Detectors $13

Lithium batteries are not created equally they all have different capacities i have thousands of them.Brand new all have different capacities say you buy some 3000 mah cells they range from 2800 to 3300 mah
When new they will not give rated amp hours till charged and cycled several times .
Out of a box of a 100 cells there always well be 2 or 3 cells that are dead and many others that never make the stated mah then again several that exceed the mah rating .
The only way to check the cells health is with a battery charger that charges and discharges the batteries giving the mah capacity .The chargers run about 29 dollars i have 6 of them they charge 4 at a time.
So if the battery is not lasting as long as you think you may have a bad cell or degraded cell from the start.
They may charge to 4.2 volts but to tell if there good they have to sit for 3 weeks without discharging more than 5 to 7 mah.
I am sure that deus does not charge them and let them sit for 3 weeks to see if capacity is there..
So if you want to know your capacity you need a charger that charges and discharges and records the mah.
A word about 1/2 charged battery lithium batteries have a low of 2.5 volts to a high of 4.2 volts when at 1/2 charge they well deplete much faster than from full charge to half charge there power curve capacity is much better on full to mid charge. sube

Last edited:
How do you hook them up to a charger? They are inside the coil and have a very small plug even if they are out of the coil. Does any charger have a JST SH 1.0mm on it to hook up to this battery, or can you charge it through the coil adapter. What kind of charger do you use to discharge and charge these tiny batteries? I have one that will do it on AA and AAA batteries but have not seen one that can be adapted to the Deus coil. I can see the advantage of doing this, I just don't know where to find a charger to accomplish this. Thanks for your time.

ebay LIITOKALA 4-Slots Lithium NiMH Independent w/LCD M7K0 about 25 dollars
This well charge bigger and smaller lithium batteries and ni - cad aa and aaa common battery.

A lithium-ion polymer (LiPo) battery (also known as Li-poly, ... shut down the battery if it becomes too hot during charging or discharging.
This may be the issue with the battery used in the deus 2 just like your phone if to hot will not charge if your detecting in 100 degrees you should let it cool down before charging. I have seen phones that were hot where the battery has bulged the case since this is a lipo battery pouch cell like your phone let it cool before charging .
And keep it out of your hot car since lipo can be made in any shape or size i guess deus used them instead of a 18650 which probably would not fit .

You could also add a 18650 via the charging clip run it up the handle to a battery holder for a 18650.
I don't have a deus what is the voltage at the coil on the 2 pins can you read a voltage there. After you find out your capacity you could put your charging end on your 18650 and charge both batteries using the deus charger

When adding a battery in parallel you have to have both batteries at the same voltage so they have to be charge before adding the second battery otherwise you will damage both batteries one dumping current into one and the other discharging at to high of rate.

As long as you use both batteries at the same time they can be charged at the same time because the batteries are at the same voltage.
You would have to get a cable that plugs in the clip and cut one end to check for neg and plus so you could wire it to the charger the charger charges at 300 500 and 1 amp set it for 300 mah lipo charge the same as any other lithium battery. They charge with constant current constant voltage meaning as the voltage rises the current
drops can't over charge once voltage reaches 4.2 the current has almost drop to nothing you can't over charge these batteries only if your voltage is over 4.2 then they will over charge.
Now most chargers say 5 volts which seems to much but there is a voltage drop when it go's through the circuit
and ends up as 4,2 . sube

Last edited:
Wrong charger this one LiitoKala Lii-500 Battery Charger Smart Charger w/ 4 Battery Slots LCD K9J3
amazon has them to, sube

Last edited: