Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil cable problem.

dirt lizard

Can someone tell me what is the easiest way to send the coil cable through the rods. I'm using string to pull it through and it seems to work. Is there an easier way to do this?

I found that a small gauge wire wrapped around connector worked a little better than string. You can exert a little more force while pulling it through.
A friend of mine used a professional wire puller used behind drywall for routing wires.That worked perfectly ..That was an old school electricians tool.

If you use the string method, tie one end to a heavy nut.
Also, stretching the coiled cable a bit before inserting seems to help; just don't stress either end of it.

If you can afford it, buy another upper and lower shaft set up with another coil of your choosing with the wire taped or zip tied to stop it from pulling through the shafts ready to just connect. If your constantly changing your coil using just 1 lower shaft, (I know it's a tight fit) in time it could stress the connector and then you might loose the use of both wire and coil that it's connected to. I haven't tried putting/resoldering another connector plug on a coil wire and probably it's do-able? I don't know.

Twist the wire so it compresses onto itself, this will make it thinner and allow it to pass through the shaft.