Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil cable wear

I think it would still be possible on the open coil design since the flex point is fully enclosed.

One advantage i see to the solid coil design is the cable comes out of the shaft at the flex point so sand can't get trapped in there and grind the cable.

I mostly hunt water with my ATX and the cam locks get sanded in just about every hunt. I have the spanner wrench and have had to clean them out often.

HH

I don't think this is addressed - to be honest, I have two ATX machines and several coils - albeit they have all paid for themselves - however, the cable degradation is almost guaranteed, even with little use. Was intent on writing a letter to Garrett this week.... seems to me that something is 'reacting' and causing the cables to fail.

yes - it is shocking - I have 2x ATX, 2x 8 inch coils, 3 * stock coils, 1* deep seeker coil = all cracked. It is a fantastic machine, but such a shame! Interestingly, the one coil I removed the shaft from (and fitted my own carbon shaft) is pretty much fine.

As a result I have moved to the xcals, which is a real shame as I love the ATX (hence no longer posting here....)

dmnz said:
yes - it is shocking - I have 2x ATX, 2x 8 inch coils, 3 * stock coils, 1* deep seeker coil = all cracked. It is a fantastic machine, but such a shame! Interestingly, the one coil I removed the shaft from (and fitted my own carbon shaft) is pretty much fine.

As a result I have moved to the xcals, which is a real shame as I love the ATX (hence no longer posting here....)

Dmnz, man what a story. Every one reading your posts knows your success with the Atx. But a guy can only take so much.
You got more than a small fortune tied up and not counting your time.
People vote with their feet. I'm just going to stay with the Infinium. See ya around, and good luck.

Dancer

Sometimes one will just have to do what is suitable for oneself in order to get some use of one's investment.

Cables repaired and weight greatly reduced.

Ozleif said:
Sometimes one will just have to do what is suitable for oneself in order to get some use of one's investment.

Cables repaired and weight greatly reduced.

What ya gotta do to get what you want. Not only do you pay for the machine, you gotta redesign it too.

Dancer said:
What ya gotta do to get what you want. Not only do you pay for the machine, you gotta redesign it too.

Righ you are.

Have had no trouble with the coil cable so far and I got the ATX as soon as it became available.....2013

Now the weight of the detector as a whole was not to favourable so that was my reason to modify, besides it was easier than b-itching and complaining all the time and just get on with the job of beach searching and gold prospecting.

Another benefit is the ATX coil can be used on an Infinium LS.

doc holiday232 said:
Has the issue with the coil cable cracking been resolved?
You should ask Garrett. Make money first then take care of the coil cable later that seems like what garrett did.

I read on another thread in this forum that someone just bought an ATX and it has different coil cable covering material now. Anyone know if that is accurate?