Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil charging clip

eagle52

After only a handful of charges coil clip fail to make connection to charge coil- is this common did it happen to any one else ? Is it under warranty ?

I was told to get a few because they break...they should fix this problem I would think?

I don't know about breaking, but my coil ran out of battery after less than two hours twice in a row. I was ready to send it in but used the car charger and its been fine the last two outings. My best guess is not fully charging due to poor connection with the clip. Time will tell. Not a fan of coil charger system!

That could definitely use a "re-work"

Good move. I have 4 of them that I got with my free vouchers for the machine and the 11" when I got it.

The clip extends below the coil cover.
If you stand up your Deus while charging after affixing the clip, sometimes it moves enough to make a bad connection.
Therefore you have to make sure the coil charge light comes on (solid) and stays that way when you walk away from it.

I was told of a fix for a broken clip pin yesterday. TV coaxial aerial cable has a single central wire, this is the right diameter for the pin replacement. Look closely at the original pin it has a ball end that depresses a spring in a copper pipe which is crimped to prevent the pin coming out.. The crimped pipe opens up with use and the pin either falls out or becomes misaligned. Cut a 1" length of the centre coaxial wire so you can handle it, now push it into the tube until it hits the bottom and makes an electrical contact. Then dribble superglue into the end of the tube to fix the wire into place. Let the glue set and trim the wire to size, a little longer then a depressed pin should do it.

Ok my thoughts and what I was told.....The clip breaks mostly from improper installation, Personally I remove the lower rod from rest of stem and do not have the usb in clip when I install, also I (everytime) verify the proper direction (small side or large side) to put on, I open clip a lil and push on, once "on" I press in center to ensure seating, attach usb and leave charging till I go out again. You will see the light if everything is correct, my 9" stays "hooked up" for 2 or 3 weeks at a time, always with a light blinking, and never have an issue.

eagle I would say you did not seat it correctly.....

Jim

eagle52 said:
Solid light means charging it does not go solid ( coil light blinks all the time ) reed the manual

OK here we go.....First off when people try to help maybe you should not be testy! Next it is READ not REED since we will be ointing out mistakes here....

And umm here;
The LED on the coil is on continually when charging is underway.
When charging is complete, the LED reverts to flashing intermittently.
(3 seconds ON, 3seconds OFF)

SO IF BLINKING CLIP MADE CONTACT AS IT IS CHARGED!!!! that is what I was saying.....
It aint going to charge by osmoses...........

Jim

Puffin said:
I was told of a fix for a broken clip pin yesterday. TV coaxial aerial cable has a single central wire, this is the right diameter for the pin replacement. Look closely at the original pin it has a ball end that depresses a spring in a copper pipe which is crimped to prevent the pin coming out.. The crimped pipe opens up with use and the pin either falls out or becomes misaligned. Cut a 1" length of the centre coaxial wire so you can handle it, now push it into the tube until it hits the bottom and makes an electrical contact. Then dribble superglue into the end of the tube to fix the wire into place. Let the glue set and trim the wire to size, a little longer then a depressed pin should do it.

As it happens, on my first clip, the pin disappeared. I picked up a length of coaxial cable from a local electrical shop to make the water hunting aerial, for about £8 including shrink wrap. I did just what I said above and it works. I've kept a length of this wire in my detecting kit for emergency repairs. I've just charged two coils with the repaired clip.