Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Charging Problem

NYNURSE

Anybody know what the voltage output for the charger is? I am unable to get to coil to recharge. I can't get a reading using an ammeter on the clip pins, nor do I get a reading when testing the coil (which has a 50% charge left).
Both coil pins are intact and make good contact with the coil. I don't mind getting a new clip, but don't want to ease a week if it's a coil issue.

I have problems with my coil clip. I have to gently wiggle it back and forth to finally get the coil to go into charge. I think I may have broken pin wire if they are soldered or else the pin bushing is not making good contact.
Once the clip is in place, give it a wiggle to see if it will go into charge mode. Sometimes it takes me several tries.

I've got the same problem. You have to wiggle the charging clip on the coil to put it into charging mode. Be careful though, the pins are very fragile.

Mike

The wiggle shoudn't be needed...make sure the coil cover is attached well and has no debris.

The wiggle will eventually cause a pin failure. They are spring loaded and not intended to take a side load.

HH joe (California)

Agreed Joe, but when the clip is properly seated over and over without success, the wiggle is the only solution that works. I don't like it but I tried everything else before resorting to the wiggle.
I expect failure every time I have to do it.

As an update, I was able to determine that the clip was the problem. The pins broke off internally. I won't swear I didn't wiggle them, but I will swear I was really careful. Having nothing better to do, I took the clip apart. The 2 contacts broke off where they are mated to the circuit board.
My opinion is the holes that the pins protrude from are to large. If the sizing was exact, the pins would not be stressed if someone wiggled the clip. I will reassemble after I find some sort of liquid plastic that can tighten up the holes.
I have to say that while I am annoyed about the clip, I am more annoyed at myself for knowing about a potential problem and not being prepared. Goes against my training.