Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil choice's

nagant

Hello everyone, I'm new here from Iowa. I have a golden micro max with the standard 9 x 8 Concentric coil and a 4" Round Coil. I bought this and a compadre at the same time about 2002. I don't detect as much as i used to but getting back into it. i like the golden and it has pulled 8" deep coins and a ring or two. I hunted an old swimming beach to death then i shoveled it down twice(with permission) and each time was like a new spot , just older. I did that in 10 foot squares and still have a good size area left. I want a coil for depth in good to fair ground. Any suggestions? Thinking about these, 7" widescan, 7 or 8" concentic. what is widescan? thanks.

Thanks but i want to lose the spokes, brushy homesteads on short list . Suppose the 8" would be the best option.

AJ

cats.jpg

Do a Google IMAGE search:

Concentric vs Widescan and you will find some very informative images on the difference between the two.

Happy Hunting!

Trashy=5.75
Normal= 8" donut

Thanks, i did that search and lost a couple hr's but saved some good reading. I get the cat drift now! I got everything i really need between the two detectors i have now. But if i could mod the compadre to switch coils i would be set.